Great Programs Need Great People - Learn More!
CHOICE Inc. welcomes inquiries from qualified potential employees. Following are considerations if you would like to pursue employment at CHOICE:
- CHOICE, Inc. has programs located in Eden Prairie, Maple Grove, and Minnetonka.
- CHOICE, Inc. provides employment and education services for adults with intellectual disabilities from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM Monday through Friday. Programs focus on lifelong learning, community inclusion, job skills development, and personal enrichment. An employee's primary responsibility is to work directly with program participants at their place of employment and on-site at the CHOICE, Inc. program facility. Employees will be required to assist people to complete work to the employer's standards, develop and implement programs, and keep people actively involved in all aspects of CHOICE, Inc. services.
- We seek employees with college degrees in fields related to social work, psychology, education, or fine arts, health & wellness and experiences relevant to serving people with developmental disabilities. All employees must have a clean driving record and pass criminal background checks.
- Most employees start at CHOICE, Inc. working varied hours between 8:00 AM and 4:00 PM Monday through Friday (from 30 to 40 hours per week). Starting pay is $19/hour.
- CHOICE, Inc. also promotes employees' career development with ongoing training, opportunities for growth, and internal hiring for promotions. We encourage our employees to bring their individual interests and talents to our programs for the purpose of instruction, recreation, and entertainment to benefit the people we serve.
Qualifying employees may be offered professional roles as positions become available. The job summary below is for the Supported Employment Instructor. The Instructor is responsible for carrying out programs and activities that result in our participants realizing increased independence, employment, community inclusion, productivity, and self-determination.
Job Responsibilities of an Instructor Include:
- Working directly with participants in the community at their place of employment and on-site at the CHOICE, Inc. program facility
- Matching individual strengths to job tasks and assignments
- Developing and implementing Individual Program Plans with the Interdisciplinary Team (IDT)
- Communicating effectively with the CHOICE, Inc. staff and administrators, employers, and IDT members
- Evaluating and documenting outcomes
- Maintaining or modifying program plans in accordance with state rules and regulations, and CHOICE, Inc. policies and procedures
- Developing and utilizing community resources and sites for program implementation and program participant social inclusion
Qualifications: BA or BS required. Experience working with people with intellectual disabilities.
Benefits: Health, dental, life, long-term and short-term disability insurance, AD&D insurance, paid holidays and paid time off. retirement compensation available after 3 years of employment.
We are always accepting applications from qualified candidates. To apply: Send resume with cover letter to CHOICE, Inc., 7600 Executive Drive, Eden Prairie, MN 55344 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .
CHOICE, Inc. does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, ancestry or national or ethnic origin in the administration of its employment, admissions policies or other agency-administered programs and activities.